Dr. Jenny Laster Community Engagement Academy (CEA)
Fun, Effective Leadership Training! 6-Week Series
Training for students with no previous experience to seasoned community organizers
Do you want to have a say in the development of your community?
Do you want to learn how to engage and mobilize your community toward a common goal?
Do you want a safe neighborhood for your children to play in and improved public safety?
Do you know the importance of our collective power when we vote in elections?
Classes – the CEA trains residents to become Community Leaders.
- Leadership- how to be a leader; influence, vision, style, and effectiveness
- Community Advocacy – taking action with information using community assets and data to develop action plans
- Community Organizing – learn to mobilize, recruit and engage community members toward a common goal
- Public Speaking – effective ways to improve your public speaking and presentation skills
- Conflict Resolution – working through challenges and facilitating the peaceful ending of conflict
- City Government – working neighborhood issues through City Staff, our civic duty, voter education and power
Classes will be held on Saturdays, September 8th, 15th, 22nd,29th, October 6th & 13th. Lite snacks will be served.
The class is FREE!
*Students will be expected to attend 5 of the 6 classes to graduate from Academy
*Students will be expected to volunteer 10 hours to their neighborhood of choice upon completion.
Applications will be accepted until the class is full. (30 Students – age 18 and over)
For additional Information please contact the Avondale Community Council office at 513.281.5999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will call you to confirm your registration.
This initiative is funded by The Center for Closing the Health Gap. Working with neighborhood residents, to be a catalyst for meaningful, positive, and sustainable change within our highest need neighborhoods, through advocacy, education, and community outreach training.