Vegan Blueberry Banana Muffins
The problem with muffins is that often times they are packed full of sugar and fat; Eating one for breakfast is just as bad as eating cake for breakfast. It doesn’t have to be so! These blueberry banana muffins are delicious, moist, sweet, AND healthy.
Some of the ingredients you will need include:
- Whole wheat flour – If this is not a staple in your pantry, it should be! It can be used as a higher-fiber and vitamin-rich substitute for white flour in many recipes.
- Spelt flour – This one can be expensive. As a price-wise alternative, you can grind up some oats to make your own oat flour.
- Nondairy Milk – Soy milk, almond milk, and coconut milk can be bought in many grocery stores now. They’re great for the majority of us who are lactose intolerant and often have tons of calcium!
- Applesauce – Did you know that applesauce can be a great substitute for butter or oil when you’re baking?
- Blueberries, bananas, maple syrup, cinnamon, and more!
Click here to read the full recipe! Your stomach will thank you.