Workshops & Programs
The Center provides community programs and workshops to promote understanding of common health conditions, help participants learn how to prevent certain health conditions and maintain a quality life while living with disease. The Center focuses on 9 health conditions: cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes, mental health, obesity, HIV/AIDS, infant mortality/SIDS, hepatitis and immunizations.
Community Health Resources
Mercy Care Clinic- Mercy Hospital Anderson What is the situation in Cincinnati?
- 1 in 3 people live at or below 200% of the poverty level
- Insufficient number of Primary Care Physicians
- Over 200,000 uninsured or under-insured (source: Greater Cincinnati Health Council)
- Specialists are underrepresented
- Timely medical care is impeded by cost, transportation, and availability of appointments
- Federally qualified clinics do exist, but many patients unable to cover $40 fee let alone any diagnostic tests or prescriptions that may be needed
What is MCO Cincinnati?
Mercy Care Clinic is a free clinic in the Greater Cincinnati area. It began operation in August 2009 as a collaboration between Muslim Clinic of Ohio (MCO) and Mercy Anderson Hospital to provide medical care to the uninsured.
Location: Mercy Anderson Hospital in the Medical Arts Building, 3rd Floor, Suite 325, 7500 State Road, Cincinnati, OH 45255
Hours of operation: Thursday Evenings 5:00 pm-8:00pm
Appointments: Appointments are required, to schedule call Joanne Floyd at 513-614-9597
- The clinic treats a variety of cases ranging from acute cases to chronic medical conditions for patients ages 14 and up.
- The clinic is run by volunteer physicians, nurses, and staff who are committed to providing excellent care for patients.
- A clinic coordinator is on call on weekdays from 9-5 to answer any calls from patients.
- Complex and emergency cases are referred to the ER if necessary.
How can you help?
- Volunteer at the Mercy Care Clinic
- Specialty Care
- Community based health screenings/satellite clinics
- Financial Support, all contributions are tax-deductible and MCO will mail you a receipt of donations received
Visit the Central Ohio River Valley Local Foods Guide.
The following services are provided by the Center:
- Community Engagement
- Community Based Participatory Research
- Faith Based Initiatives
- Program Evaluation
- Program Development
- Data Analysis and Synthesis
- Secondary Data Analysis and Validity Checks
- Report Writing
- Focus Group Conduct and Summary
- Literature Reviews
- Cultural Competence Training
- Web-Based Survey Design and Data Collection
- Video Production